ITEC Entertainment – A TAIT Company, is a global leader of themed entertainment design, technology, and project development solutions for the leisure, hospitality, and entertainment industries. Founded in 1985, ITEC ignites the dreams of people all over the world, spanning theme parks; real estate development and mixed use; resorts; entertainment centers; rides and shows; cultural attractions; and themed retail. In 2021, ITEC Entertainment was acquired by TAIT, a global group of creative engineers, fabricators, producers and technologists for live entertainment environments. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices in Los Angeles, Ho Chi Minh City, Los Angeles, Shanghai, and Osaka. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
The Project Manager – Entertainment Technology shall function as the principle project manager for the various projects in the Attraction Design, Engineering, and Sustaining Engineering & Manufacturing departments. They will support the leadership team by producing a production work plan, define resource requirements to support a project’s scope, schedule, and budgetary goals. Working with management and Entertainment Technology department personnel, this person will provide oversight and coordination for the work plan, schedule, budget, and contract management reporting (both internal and external). They will also be supporting the technical process and various project disciplines to function as a team to successfully deliver a coordinated engineering design package, BOM and other documentation necessary to complete the specified scope of a contract, up to and including managing a project through fabrication, installation and commissioning. The successful candidate may also be called upon to develop scope, schedule and budgetary information to respond to an RFP, prepare a proposal or develop contract terms, at the request of management. Experience in technical aspects of the themed entertainment industry is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide leadership, oversight and guidance for internal stakeholders, vendors and consultants through the design process.
- Oversee and produce a work plan and/or strategy that organizes efforts to support the overall Project scope, schedule and budget.
- Oversee the development of detailed scope of work documents that become the basis of contracts for outside \consultants should they be required.
- Provide consistent review and weekly reporting of status and issues of concern (plan, financial, schedule, burn rate, etc.) to departmental management with a subset of this information (plan & schedule) communicated to the Project team at regular, set intervals.
- Provide a weekly status report (unless a different period is contractually specified), after review by departmental manager, to client without exception, for the duration of the Project.
- Initiate and manage kickoff meetings and regular (weekly or daily as required for a given project) Project status team meetings.
- Manage relationships with clients and third parties as appropriate to the Project.
- Review and approve all vendor invoices with the responsible Individual and staff time submissions.
- Ensure the Project server folder is established, is maintained and organized properly and is kept updated throughout the Project duration.
- Serve as the ITEC interface with the client for all Project-related correspondence and deliverables.
- Manage changes to the Project scope, schedule, or budget.
- Look for opportunities to propose additional scope of work on current or new client projects.
- Review deliverables and contractual milestones along with vendor invoices, to ensure the contractual requirements for payment are met.
- Complete the closeout of the Project, including final invoicing and payments for fees and expenses, closeout procedures, archiving of documents, review of the Project, and final financial analysis.
- Represent ITEC when requested, professionally and in accordance with Company policies and standards at all times.
- Mentor supporting staff (as applicable) to develop and grow their skills and experience.
- Must be a self-starter and a long-range planner, and be able to work with little daily supervision.
- Skilled in scope, budget and schedule development and monitoring.
- Able to manage multiple projects, over distant locations with diverse teams.
- Demonstrated team leadership and the ability to manage others to accomplish team goals and objectives.
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent evaluation, assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat. Microsoft Project or equivalent, a plus.
- Ability to read and understand design and engineering documents and drawings including: (Programmatic Information, Architectural, Landscape Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Lighting, Audio/Video, Show Set, Animation, Electronic Controls, Ride Mechanical and Ride Controls)
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following: Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Planning, Business Management, Construction Management, Project Management or equivalent.
- 5+ years of strong project management and/or technical show production experience in the themed entertainment industry.
- Proven organizational, written and verbal communication and strategic planning skills a must.
- International cultural sensitivity and experience dealing with international clientele a plus.
- Previous architectural, engineering, design, or related experience in global customer-facing business.
- Themed entertainment project field experience.
- Knowledge of industry vendors, manufacturers and products.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Candidate must have a valid passport and not be restricted from travel to any country(ies).
- Ability to work beyond a normal work week (evenings/weekends) as needed.
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery or equipment. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.