ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of ITEC Entertainment – A TAIT Company, is a global leader of themed entertainment design, technology, and project development solutions for the leisure, hospitality, and entertainment industries. Founded in 1985, ITEC ignites the dreams of people all over the world, spanning theme parks; real estate development and mixed use; resorts; entertainment centers; rides and shows; cultural attractions; and themed retail. In 2021, ITEC Entertainment was acquired by TAIT, a global group of creative engineers, fabricators, producers and technologists for live entertainment environments. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices in Los Angeles, Ho Chi Minh City, Los Angeles, Shanghai, and Osaka. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
The Senior Control Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, programming, and commissioning control systems for a wide variety of ride control systems, show control systems, animation control systems, and special effects control systems used in complex integrated theme park attractions. The role includes coordination with the ITEC Engineering team as well as working closely with ITEC’s clients and other client vendors. The Senior Control Systems Engineer is expected to provide project technical leadership as well mentoring other engineers.
Essential Job Functions
- Design, program, and integrate large scale control systems designed to meet the specific needs of theme park attractions and similar entertainment venues.
- Develop design drawings using AutoCAD Electrical software.
- Perform engineering calculations for control system designs.
- Provide project technical leadership.
- Assist with mentoring less-experienced engineers.
- Develop design documentation that thoroughly describes all aspects of the intended designs.
- Create Hazard Analysis (HA) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) reports
- Work with ITEC’s purchasing staff to ensure that the correct parts are ordered and received on schedule.
- Work with ITEC’s fabrication staff to provide direction when needed during the fabrication process.
- Develop the software for the control systems following ITEC’s software development processes and procedures.
- Prepare the control system equipment for the factory acceptance testing which is performed at ITEC’s offices prior to delivery to site.
- Work on site to commission the control systems, perform the Site Acceptance Testing, and assist with opening the attraction.
- In-depth experience working with Allen Bradley ControlLogix and GuardLogix systems as well as typical industrial control system equipment.
- PLC programming experience is required.
- Strong written documentation and verbal communication skills.
- Strong MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and AutoCAD skills.
- Familiarity with computer networking and system administration.
- Ability to show good judgment with proven attention to details and follow up.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science (preferably Master of Science) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar degree is required.
- Minimum eight years in a role with control system design, software development, installation, and integration.
- Flexibility to travel to domestic and international job sites for extended periods to support attraction integration is required.
- Experience designing equipment to meet UL 508A standards.
- Experience designing to meet TÜV Functional Safety standards.
- TÜV Functional Safety Certification.
- UL 508A Certification.
- In-depth experience with Siemens PLCs.
- In-depth experience with Beckhoff Industrial PCs.
- Experience with Weigl animation controllers.
- In-depth experience configuring variable frequency drives.
- In-depth experience configuring and tuning electrical and hydraulic servo controls.
- Experience with audio, video, lighting controllers as well as show controllers from manufacturers such as Alcorn McBride, QSC, MediaMatrix, 7th Sense, Anitech, ETC, and Medialon is a plus.
- Extended domestic and international travel is required at times during attraction integration.
- Travel could be off-site, out of state, or international.
- A valid passport is required for this position.
- Ability to work overtime (evenings/weekends) bases on project needs.
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. The person in this position must be able to travel for extended periods of time.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.